Air conditioners have become a necessity and cater to thousands of households across the country. However, almost every other user complains about the high energy consumption and excessive utility bills. It has been one of the reasons why people still do not prefer having air conditioners in their residences. Well, we are not denying that air conditioners consume less energy. They do use a lot of electricity. However, a loss in the efficiency of the air conditioner can spike electricity bills. Low refrigerant, a lack of maintenance, duct leaks, or clogged filters can be some of the reasons behind the decreasing capacity of the air conditioner.
Proper maintenance of the unit can also help improve its functioning capacity and extend its lifespan. When the air conditioner is in good condition, it may even not pile up excessively on the energy bills. Keeping the unit clean can help you save loads of cash and reduce the need for AC repair and service.
Let us discuss that in detail and find out how AC cleaning servicing can be beneficial and may help reduce the load of high energy bills or maintenance
How is money saved by cleaning air conditioner filters?
Air conditioners have filters that help ensure the efficiency of the air conditioner. The basic function of these filters is to protect the inside of the unit from dust and other contaminants. Over a period of time, dust, dirt, and other contaminants may accumulate on these filters. If you do not opt for professional AC cleaning services for your air conditioner, you may miss out on multiple things.
Airflow is restricted by clogged or dirty filters, which cause your air conditioner to work harder to cool your space. Cleaning the filters on a regular basis improves airflow efficiency, lowers your AC unit’s energy consumption, and ultimately lowers your electricity bills. Clean filters also aid in preventing dust and debris buildup on the evaporator coils, which may result in decreased cooling effectiveness and potential system failures. By keeping your filters clean, you can ensure your AC system runs at its best and lasts a long time without needing expensive repairs or replacements.
Most people opt for professional services to ensure safety. You should either clean the filters or seek assistance from the experts. Ensure that the professional has experience or is well-advanced to check the unit. Verify their previous experience before handing them the task of dealing with your air conditioner.
Beat the heat in style! Get the best AC repair and maintenance. Book now!
According to studies, replacing a dirty or clogged air filter can help reduce energy bills by 5 to 15%. Another key thing to note here is that there are different kinds of air filters. You cannot expect each air filter to operate on a similar basis and consume energy in a similar format. The placement of the filters may also differ depending on whether it is a central air conditioner or a room air conditioner. While cleaning the filter, you should also note that some air filters are not reusable.
You will either have to replace them only to save on your bills or to prevent them from impacting the airflow. This is one of the concerns that you should pay attention to while purchasing the air conditioner unit. Make sure to read the specifications regarding the air filter. If the air filter is not reusable and can only be replaced, you would also have to check the availability of the filter. If it is not easily accessible, it could cost you a fortune, and your investment in an air conditioner could go in vain.
Filters have the critical function of filtering the air that passes through them. Therefore, you should take your time to understand the efficiency of the air conditioners to prevent the risk of unnecessary air conditioner repair services.
Filters may also require more frequent attention if they are being used frequently. For instance, the summer months may require turning on the air conditioner more often. However, you cannot let that go without checking the filters. If you have pets or your place is subjected to dusty conditions, you would have to be more careful. Try to keep the place and airflow clean to further benefit from professional home cleaning services. If you do not maintain proper cleaning at your home, it is likely that it will load up on your air conditioner repair bills, which may be reflected later.
How are AC filters cleaned?
Without regular care and maintenance, air conditioner filters may become less effective. Dirty or clogged filters may consume more energy. If you want to save on your energy bills and repair costs, you should be well aware of how to clean the air conditioner units. Here are some of the steps you may follow at home to clean the AC filters.
Skip the task of cleaning your AC filter. Get an expert AC filter cleaning service. Book Now!
- The first and most important thing that you should do is turn off the air conditioner unit. Make sure the main switch is off and you do not operate it while it is in working mode.
- Next, you should have the necessary tools to open the air conditioner unit. It is likely that some of the units may have multiple vents and you should consider opening it all. Refer to the owner’s manual to have a better understanding of how to open the air conditioner unit so that you are not leading to unwanted damage.
- If you see any buildup or dust particles on the air conditioner, you should consider cleaning it with a cloth or vacuuming it. Do not use the vacuum for an extended time as it could impact the condition of the air filter and may pile up for an unnecessary air conditioner repair service.
- Even if you think the vacuum is enough and has helped remove the buildup, you should consider washing it. This step is important, and you should never skip it. For deeper cleaning, you should consider mixing one part water with one part vinegar and soaking your filter in it. Keep your filters in the solution for one or two hours. After that, rinse it off with fresh water to clean it properly. If the filter is too large to fit the sink, you may consider a garden use. Make sure you do not use any kind of pressurised setting on the filters, as it could accidentally damage them.
- After cleaning it properly, insert them back. Make sure it has been placed properly. Cleaning the filters is necessary, but you should also look for signs of damage. Air conditioner filters get damaged over extensive usage. Replace them in order to be functioning properly. The best way for this could be to get it inspected by a professional. A filter with a hole will never be efficient. Make sure to note down the guarantee of the filter while replacing it so that you can make complete use of it.
AC Filters are a necessary part, but you should also pay attention to the other outer or inner parts of the unit. Make sure you clean it well. You should even keep the compressor unit clean to avoid any kind of mishap or damage. In addition to keeping your unit clean, you should follow other methods to reduce energy bills.
For instance, you must use shade for the windows, insulate and seal the doors, use a smart thermostat, and check the operating hours of the air conditioner. Avoid using it for extensive or continuous hours. Give your AC a break and get it inspected at regular intervals. You must hire an AC mechanic for further guidance on maintenance and safety. Running an air conditioner may sound expensive, but these ways may help reduce the bills and save you money.
Upgrade your AC experience! Get the best AC repair and maintenance services. Book now!